The breathable roof membrane allows roofs to breathe, negating the requirement for traditional ventilation. It is suitable for use as a full supported or unsupported underlay beneath tiled or slated pitched roofs, in warm or cold non-ventilated and ventilated roofs. Breathable membranes are a fundamental element of most new build and refurbishment projects. Their adaptable, multi-purpose use is seen by specifiers, merchants and installers as the optimum solution to under-slating requirements.
Breather membranes play a key role in protecting buildings and occupants from the elements. In addition to improving energy efficiency, this breather membrane offers long-lasting protection against several threats to building integrity, including condensation and infiltration by water and air. Our Heavy Duty 135 g/sm breathable roof membrane is of equivalent quality but offers a much more cost effective alternative to branded membranes like Cromar and Tyvek.
This product contains special stabilization additives which extend its resistance to UV radiation - this allows installers to perform assembly of the final roof covering without the added pressure of time-delays effecting the material’s durability. It is equally suitable whether draped unsupported over rafters or laid directly over insulation. The outer layer forms the functional waterproof surface, the middle layer is the breathable waterproof membrane and the inner layer protects the membrane from abrasion and damage, also giving additional strength. This enables the fabric to allow moisture vapour to pass through, whilst remaining fully waterproof.
Area per roll:
Heavy Duty 135g/m2
Black (outer) / Grey (inner)
ca. 0.02 m
This product is fully CPR compliant and CE approved to EN 13859 - 1 for pitched roofs
- Excellent stability, strength and cohesion
- Highly tear resistant
- A multi layered breathable membrane/felt
- Vapour permeable
- No additional ventilation required
- High wind uplift resistance
- Extremely economical and waste free
- Very lightweight and easy to cut (no special equipment required) providing a hassle free roofing installation.
- This product is manufactured in the Germany and designed to withstand torrential weather conditions
- Ease of application
- A much more cost effective alternative to other membranes including Cromar and Tyvek
- For use in Refurbishment & New Builds
- Engineered for use in a fully supported or unsupported tiled, slated or metal roof system.
- Transport any moisture resulting from any ingress through the primary roof covering in to the roof drainage system
- Provide a barrier to minimize the wind uplift load acting on the slates or tiles
- Provide a secondary barrier to the ingress of wind driven rain, snow and dust
- Provides robust weather protection before the installation of the primary roof covering
- EU approved for use in Warm and Cold, Ventilated and Non Ventilated Roofs
- Available in a 1.5m width as standard to conform easily to any typical roof configuration or the individual working practices of the installer
Free Next Day UK Delivery on all orders. Same day despatch if order & payment received before 2pm.
Wholesale prices are available to merchants - please enquire for more information.
Collection available at our Coventry warehouse which qualifies for a £5 order discount. You can select the 'Collection' method at checkout.