This reinforced aluminium foil tape foil tape is part of the market leading range of vapour control, insulating foil products. The tape is a bright aluminium foil tape reinforced with 5 mm² glass scrim for supreme strength and tear resistance. The tape is coated with a high tack rubber/resin adhesive system. The reinforced foil improves mechanical damage resistance and is ideal for matching the foil finish on insulation products. It is easy to apply, exhibiting instant adhesion and can be moulded to any profile. The final bond has high shear strength and the foil promotes the optimum balance of surface conformity and tensile strength. This makes it ideal for lap sealing foil faced insulation materials, metal and duct sealing and other general purpose applications including those within the heating, ventilation and air conditioning sectors. The product is suitable for sealing off air conditioning and cool/warm air flow ducting & for sealing joints in ducting providing a vapour-proof barrier. It is also ideal for quick repairs to gutters, down-pipes, ducting, seal the edges of insulated glass units and many other surfaces.
This tape has superior resistance to moisture and is recommended for use in high humidity conditions. It can be used as a vapour seal for reinforced aluminium faced fiberglass or mineral wool thermal insulation.
- Product Code: 154017
- Length: 50m
- Width: 48mm = 2 inches
- Tape Thickness: 30 micron (0.03mm)
- Tensile Strength: 20.0 N/cm
- SD value: 0.02 mm
- Recommended operating temperature (°C): -50 to +80
- Water-tightness: W1
- Certification: This product is fully CPR compliant, CE Approved and Fire Retardant
- Far stronger than standard (non-reinforced) aluminium foil tape
- High tack adhesive
- Much more cost effective than other reinforced aluminium foil tapes which are scarcely available
- Highly tear resistant
- Specially designed to reduce heat loss
- Corrosion and damage resistant
- Low emissivity reflective surface used to improve the overall u-value of the building
- Helps to meet the requirements of Approved Document Part L
- Excellent stability, strength and cohesion
- Prevents ingress of water/moisture and the passage of wind-blown snow and dust into the interior of the building
- Extremely economical and waste free
- Very lightweight
- Ease of application
- High temperature + weather resistance
- For use in Refurbishment & New Builds
- Lap sealing foil faced insulation materials, metal and duct sealing and other general purpose applications including those within the heating, ventilation and air conditioning sectors.
- The product is suitable for sealing off air conditioning and cool/warm air flow ducting & for sealing joints in ducting providing a vapour-proof barrier.
- Quick repairs to gutters, down-pipes, ducting, seal the edges of insulated glass units and many other surfaces.
- In conjunction with any aluminium foil backed product
- How to Apply
Surfaces to be bonded must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and loose materials. If necessary, wipe surfaces sparingly with a cloth dampened with a ketone-free cleaner and allow to dry for at least an hour before tape application. The butt joints of insulation sections should be positioned together without gaps to ensure an adequate bond.
This item will be sent on a standard 1st Class service with Royal Mail. Royal Mail advise that 90% of their 1st class deliveries are made next working day. If you have ordered this product together with the Aluminium Foil Membrane they may be sent together in a single parcel.
Same day despatch if order & payment received before 2pm
Wholesale prices are available to merchants - please enquire for more information.
Collection available at our Coventry warehouse. Please select the 'Collection' method at checkout.