Aquacrate400 Soakaway Crate 1m x 1m x 400mm (0.4m3 per crate) – 20 Tonne Load Capacity
FREE NEXT WORKING DAY UK DELIVERY
AquaCrates are a load bearing underground water storage/attenuation system.
A soakaway crate or attenuation cell stores water and gradually release it into the groundwater system. Water from the surface is quickly delivered to the crate which releases as much of it into the ground as it can take before holding it until it is ready to absorb more
The crate can bear up to 20 tonnes and at 1m x 1m x 0.4m in size can hold 0.4m3 per crate.
Price includes 16 x round blank caps and 4 x clips to join multiple crates together.
This modular geo-cellular soakaway crate is suitable for domestic and commercial applications. 20 tonne load bearing capacity makes it the ideal crate for light and medium duty soakaway applications. Modular crates can be easily assembled together to form a structure that suits your site requirements. Each crate has a cubic capacity of 0.4m3. Soakaway crates must be wrapped in a non-woven geotextile fabric to prevent silting.
The drainage crate can be used for both attenuation and soakaway applications. The modular structure receives rainwater collected from roofs or surface drains ready to release within a set drainage limit. The drainage crates can be used typically for landscaped areas, pedestrian or public open spaces such as underneath playgrounds.
PLEASE NOTE THE GEOTEXTILE MEMBRANE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT AND CAN BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY FROM OUR WEBSITE.
Why use Soakaway Crates?
- Prevents extreme peak flows to main drainage and water purification systems
- Rainwater is “cleaned” by the geotextile surround
- Decreases possibility of flooding during heavy rain falls
- Allows development of difficult sites by using attenuation / water storage
- Decreases environment problems caused by development
- For water storage for subsequent use in toilets, watering plants, cleaning vehicles and other grey water usages
This soakaway crate has a high void ratio and a load bearing suitable for domestic application. They can be be laid side by side or if neccessary on top of each other and to calculate the size (volume) of soakaway the general formula is:
Area to be drained (m²) x (50 ÷ 3000)
40m² x (50 ÷ 3000) = 0.66m³
So for this, two crates (0.8m³) would be required.
Brief Installation Instructions:
- A soakaway may well not be suitable if there is heavy clay or granite rocks etc and must be located lower to than the area to be drained.
- The crate needs to be located at least five metres away from any building and half a metre above the water table.
- Dig the hole to required length, depth and width allowing enough working room around all sides. Ensure the base is smooth/level.
- Lay a level 100mm of clean gravel/shingle (non-limestone)
- Lay membrane, lower and wrap the cells. Cells can be clipped together. If just one or two cells are being used they can be wrapped at ground level and lowered into the hole. Check membrane is in sound condition.
- Insert the pipe into the correct socket position and once linked ensure the cells are completely and securely wrapped in the membrane.
- Backfill around the cells with 10mm clean gravel and cover the top with a layer of a minumim of 75mm.
- For landscaping non-trafficked areas the as-dug material can then be infilled on top. For highway projects Type 1 or 2 sub-base is required.
- Complete the landscaping: turf/patio/driveway over the top.