Damp Proof Membrane Black – 1200g 300mu – 25m x 4m (100 SQ/M) DPM Polythene Sheet – CE Approved
This 1200-gauge DPM is a black polyethylene membrane that is loose laid and most often used on solid concrete ground floors.
It is ideally equipped to safeguard buildings against moisture, rising water and damp from the ground.
What are the key qualities of our 1200g DPM?
There are a variety of qualities to our 1200 gauge damp proof membrane, including:
- The product offers a reliable barrier to the passage of moisture from the ground, enabling a floor to comply with the national Building Regulation requirements, as long as it is installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The item offers robust puncture resistance, protecting against damage from normal foot or site traffic when properly installed on rough or blinded surfaces.
- Our CE approved 1200 gauge damp proof membrane is manufactured to last the lifetime of the floor construction if it is correctly installed and not damaged by subsequent building operations.
What are the main applications of 1200g DPM?
When it comes to the application of 1200 gauge DPM, you should be aware that:
- The product can be installed as an oversite membrane, between a blinded hard core bed and the base concrete, as a sandwich membrane in base concrete or between the base concrete and screed.
- DPM must be covered by a screed or other protective layer as soon as possible after installation. Care should be taken to ensure that the membrane is not stretched or displaced when placing the concrete or screed over the membrane. Sufficient allowance should be made to avoid bridging (i.e. creating areas of unsupported membrane) during screeding operations at internal angles, etc.
- When DPM is used in underfloor heating applications, there will be no adverse impact on the membrane.
What are the key features of 1200g damp proof membrane?
We ensure the highest quality in all of our 1200 gauge DPM products, with key features being:
- Excellent stability, strength and cohesion
- Ideal for installation as a membrane in base concrete or between the base concrete and screed
- Extremely economical and waste free
- Joints and seals easily (we are currently unable to supply joint tape)
- High water vapour resistance
- Manufactured to last the lifetime of the floor construction
- Complies with all local building regulations
- Packaged folded to 1m for ease of handling
- For use in refurbishment & new builds
- Suitable for use in underfloor heating applications
How will my 1200g damp proof membrane be delivered?
All of our 1200 gauge DPM orders will be sent on a free next working day (24 hour) UK delivery service.
Your order will be dispatched the same working day if received by 1pm otherwise it will be dispatched the next working day.