What are cavity closers?
Easy-Trim Cavity Closer provides a simple and highly effective method for closing cavities around openings in masonry cavity, timber frame and steel frame system wall constructions. Suitable for use in both new build and refurbishment.
Easy-Trim Cavity Closers are an easy way to achieve Building Regulations compliance when closing cavities.
How to install cavity closers?
Easy-Trim Cavity Closer can be installed in a variety of ways.
- Tack to window frame built in
- Built-in as work progresses friction fitting
- Installed after the reveal has been constructed by fixing to the inner leaf using grab adhesive
- Measure the opening of the window or door.
- Cut profile to required length.
- Measure cavity opening and cut the insulation (do not cut the plastic outer) to the corresponding width.
- Note, maximum cavity width is 150mm.
- Press the insulation face down into the open cavity opening and fix the plastic outer securely with Easy Grab Plus or clout nails.
Vertical Jointing – if required, sections can be jointed to minimise waste. All joints must be tightly butted 45o downwards towards the outer leaf, this will stop potential water penetration.
Corner Jointing – When jointing horizontal to vertical, trim both PVC flanges and allow the vertical to extend below the horizontal this stops water ingress.
Cutting should be carried out using a fine toothed saw.
How will my cavity closers be delivered?
All cavity closers will be sent on a free next working day (24 hour) UK delivery service.
Your order will be dispatched the same working day if received by 1pm otherwise it will be dispatched the next working day.