Reinforced Aluminium Foil Tape – 48mm wide x 45mtr roll
Our reinforced aluminium foil tape is part of our market-leading range of vapour control, insulating foil products. This insulation tape is a bright aluminium tape, reinforced with 5 mm² glass scrim for supreme strength and tear resistance. The foil tape is coated with a high tack rubber/resin adhesive system.
What are the key qualities of reinforced aluminium foil tape?
Our aluminium foil tape offers a range of different qualities, including:
- The reinforced foil improves mechanical damage resistance and is ideal for matching the foil finish on insulation products. It is easy to apply, exhibiting instant adhesion and can be moulded to any profile.
- The final bond has high shear strength and the foil promotes optimum balance of surface conformity and tensile strength. This makes the aluminium tape ideal for lap sealing foil faced insulation materials, metal and duct sealing and general purpose applications within heating, ventilation and air conditioning sectors.
- It has superior resistance to moisture and is recommended for use in high humidity conditions. It can be used as a vapour seal for reinforced aluminium faced fiberglass or mineral wool thermal insulation.
What are the main applications of reinforced aluminium foil tape?
In terms of specific settings for the application of aluminium foil tape, the most common options include:
- Lap sealing foil faced insulation materials, metal and duct sealing and other general purpose applications including those within the heating, ventilation and air conditioning sectors.
- This insulation tape is suitable for sealing off air conditioning and cool/warm air flow ducting & for sealing joints in ducting providing a vapour-proof barrier.
- A good option for quick repairs to gutters, down-pipes, ducting, seal the edges of insulated glass units and many other surfaces.
- Ideal for usage in conjunction with any aluminium foil backed product
How should you apply reinforced aluminium foil tape?
In terms of the key information for applying foil tape, the surfaces to be bonded must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and loose materials. If necessary, wipe surfaces sparingly with a cloth dampened with a ketone-free cleaner and allow to dry for at least an hour before tape application. The butt joints of insulation sections should be positioned together without gaps to ensure an adequate bond.
What are the key features of reinforced aluminium foil tape?
As one of the leading options in our range, there are an extensive range of benefits to our aluminium tape:
- Far stronger than standard (non-reinforced) aluminium foil tape
- High tack adhesive
- Much more cost effective than other reinforced aluminium foil tapes which are scarcely available
- Highly tear resistant
- Specially designed to reduce heat loss
- Corrosion and damage resistant
- Low emissivity reflective surface used to improve the overall u-value of the building
- Helps to meet the requirements of Approved Document Part L
- Excellent stability, strength and cohesion
- Prevents ingress of water/moisture and the passage of wind-blown snow and dust into the interior of the building
- Extremely economical and waste free
- Very lightweight
- Ease of application
- High temperature + weather resistance
- For use in Refurbishment & New Builds
How will my reinforced aluminium foil tape be delivered?
All reinforced aluminium foil tape orders will be sent on a free Royal Mail (24-48 hour) UK delivery service.
Your order will be dispatched the same working day if received by 1pm otherwise it will be dispatched the next working day.