Reinforcing Fibreglass Mesh 50 SQ/M (1 x 50M)
Our high-quality reinforcing fibreglass mesh is a heavy-duty grade 160 g/sm reinforced mesh which is coated with acrylic acid copolymer liquid and is therefore water, alkali and age resistant.
The majority of manufacturers recommend the placement of such a rendering mesh to be within the first 50% of the render/plaster depth. In general, the nearer the mesh to the substrate, the better.
What are the key qualities of fibreglass mesh?
Our reinforcing fibreglass mesh offers a variety of qualities including:
- The mesh has high tensile strength, good dimensional stability, good elasticity, capillary action and is corrosion resistance.
- Reinforcing fibreglass mesh is ideal for use in building construction and is mainly used to reinforce concrete, cement, screeds, renders and plasters, due to its qualities as a plastering mesh and rendering mesh.
- It is an ideal reinforcement for render, even where cracking can be seen and allows previously uneven masonry substrates to be rendered.
- It is an excellent reinforcing material for internal and external wall insulation systems.
- This type of reinforced mesh is widely used to reinforce walls and prevent cracking.
What are the main applications of fibreglass mesh?
With its ability as a plastering mesh and rendering mesh, our reinforced mesh is used in applications such as:
- Reinforcing insulated renders
- Crack preventing when applying with plasters and tile adhesives
- Layout, coating or mechanically formed GRC and reinforcing panels
- Flat board
- Concrete/screed flooring
- Plaster walls/ceilings
- Mobile homes
- Duct panels
- Cable boxes granaries
- Roof waterproofing
- Marble and mosaic wall reinforcement
What are the key features of fibreglass mesh?
Our reinforcing fibreglass mesh offers a range of strengths, with key features including:
- Excellent stability, strength and cohesion
- Highly tear resistant
- Specially designed to prevent wall cracking
- Extremely economical and waste free
- Very lightweight and easy to cut (no special equipment required)
- Ease of application
- Cost effective
How will my fibreglass mesh be delivered?
All of our reinforced mesh orders will be sent on a free next working day (24 hour) UK delivery service.
Your order will be dispatched the same working day if received by 1pm otherwise it will be dispatched the next working day.